Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baby Classes

Luke & I went to our first baby class last night. He went willingly which I really appreciated. I'm not sure why, but I was surprised at the number of people there. Our topic was Labor & Delivery. When to go, what to expect when you get there, progression, instruments used (which, by the way, I am really hoping for all external monitoring and I informed Luke that forceps were NOT to be used and he was to do whatever necessary to make sure that happens...and now I'm thinking the same about the vacuum extractor...) stages, pain management, etc. Then we watched a video of several live births. Yeah, I'm a wuss, but really, I never need to see anything like that again. And I definitely don't want to see my cute, little, precious child like that. I think I'll just wait till they clean him up to give him kisses and hugs. I don't want my first memory of him to thinking he resembles an alien and hardly anything like a small human being. Luke got educated last night too. He said "I had no idea you would have to go through all this." I'm not sure what he thought I had to go through! He too decided that he might just stand up near my head. And cutting the cord was not for him! Apparently we both have weak stomachs! :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you guys are going to have good stories soon, I'm sure.

    And, speaking of cutting the cord - Andrew told me he wants to do this with our first child. Yeah, right...he can't even clean up dog poo!

    ReplyDelete