Saturday, June 19, 2010

Reflections on Motherhood (so far...)

One word...overwhelming! I like to consider myself a very organized person. Maybe that's part of my problem with being overwhelmed. I try to plan ahead, etc and still can't seem to get caught up. I don't know how people do it with multiple kids, etc. I keep thinking this will subside, after all, it's been 2 months, but still feel like I'm drowning. Don't get me wrong--I love my son and I love being his mommy. And I want the absolute best for him which again is maybe why I feel like this.

Other random thoughts:

I never realized what the "mommy club" was. I guess that's part of it. It's such an elite club they don't even tell you about it till you're a mommy. Thank goodness for them too. I'd be lost without my other mommy friends to rely on!

I never realized a baby would attract complete strangers to approach you, ask you questions and even touch your baby. I never did this before. Maybe a smile to a cute baby here and there, but nothing like this.

The baby weight does not come off easy. 'nough said.

Being a mother is absolutely the hardest job I've ever had. It's also the best.

In the last few years I've been a real worrier. Well, it was nothing compared to now. Now, I worry about everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment