Monday, June 28, 2010

Bucket List for Leyton

So I've been thinking of all the things I want to do for or with Leyton when he gets a little bigger. Sorta of like a bucket list. I'm sure I will be adding to this periodically because I seem to have big plans (according to Luke!).

1. Zoo--and we're not talking one zoo--no sir-ee, that would be too boring. So, we're thinking Topeka because that's where Daddy always went, Kansas City because Mommy's never been there, St. Louis because then we could make a weekend trip out of it and it's free!, Wichita with Uncle Andy & Aunt Ali and of course the grand daddy of them all--Omaha!

2. Pumpkin patches

3. College world series in Omaha--I think Daddy would actually enjoy this more than Leyt!

4. Disney--of course. What kind of a child's bucket list would this be if I didn't include Disney? Mommy & Daddy have never been either.

5. Beach. So maybe this is totally my idea, but seriously what kid doesn't love the beach?!?

6. Iowa State Fair--almost entirely dedicated to agriculture with lots of stuff for kids to do/see. Plus it would be fun to spend time with Gramma Jane & Jerry.

7. Pool in the backyard. Neither Mommy or Daddy ever had one so I think it only right that I give this opportunity for my son. And of course, Mommy would reap the benefits as well!

8. Fishing!

9. Waterparks!

10. Plant a garden

11. Playdates--okay maybe this is for Mommy & Leyt. Mommy's social life has definitely changed the last few months. I so need some socialization!

12. T-ball--here in St. Joe they can start when they are 3. Leyton will be a very young 3 year old since his birthday is in April, but I think it will still be fun in a few years!

But until he's old enough to start enjoying mommy's little bucket list, I think we will just enjoy snuggling, his play mat, swing and toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment