Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Life is Precious

Life is precious. Life is short...too short. All too often we get too busy with "life" that we forget to live. We forget to do the things that make us smile, laugh, love because we "need" to do the laundry, the dishes, clean house, etc. My friend Jess suffered a brain hemmorhage Monday night. She's younger than I am. She has a 3 year old and an 8 month old. She is now in the fight of her life for her life. I am so thankful for my friends, my family, my faith and my life. It is such a shame that it takes life's challenges, trials, tribulations, and tragedies to make us stop, look around and smile.

Here are a few family pics. My family...my biggest blessing.
My mom and Leyton at Olive Garden celebrating my mom's birthday
My little man and his mommy!



me, Leyton and my Gramma Alice celebrating her 86th birthday



1 comment:

  1. Oh Lori, what a shame this has happened to your friend and her family. I will keep them in my prayers. You're definitely right that things like these give us a big, giant jolt of perspective. Leyton has changed so much already. Your FB profile picture makes me smile everytime I see it - what a cute grin he has already.
    Take care...
    k

    ReplyDelete