Thursday, April 1, 2010

renewed faith

Sometimes with my job I forget why I do what I do. Somedays I think that scrubbing toilets or scraping road kill off highways would be a better fit for me. Somedays I wonder why there really isn't a test you have to pass before procreation. And then there are other days that I remember why I teach and coach. Today one of my softball players brought in a baby gift for Leyton. That is an incredibly thoughtful gesture from this 18 year old. Seeing good kids like her that are so thoughtful and you know will grow up to be responsible & productive citizens make me appreciate my opportunity to influence young lives. Here is a picture of the adorable gift she made our little man.

1 comment:

  1. That is so nice!

    P.S. Andrew and I were just sure you were in labor yesterday. We tried calling his parents to let them know we were in Atlanta waiting for our flight back to Wichita and no one would answer. However, I think they ended up being on a motorcycle ride. Not quite the same. :)

    ReplyDelete